The national Working Group in “Phytobacteriology” was promoted by Prof. Umberto Mazzucchi who coordinated it until 2010, and officially established in Foggia in 2006 at the 13th SIPaV Congress.
The Working Group aims to:
Among the activities:
- promote and disseminate research in phytobacteriology through seminars, courses, conferences;
- coordinate didactics for university courses and professional training;
- propose basic and applied research projects on various aspects of phytobacteriology.
- a list and address of scientists and phytosanitary service staff involved in the activities of the group;
- presentation of a paper to the XIII SIPaV Congress “Needs for phytobacteriological analysis to support the regional phytosanitary services in Italy”;
- meetings during the annual SIPaV Congresses;
- participation in international committees: ISPP, Committee on the Taxonomy of Plant Pathogenic Bacteria; EPPO, Panel on Diagnostics of Bacteria; ICPPB committee; Pseudomonas syringae pathovars committee; International Symposium on Biological Control of Bacterial Plant Diseases; Several COST actions.
The Working Group contributes to the organization of the next International Symposium on Biological Control of Plant Bacterial Diseases
, which will take place at the University of Tuscia, Viterbo.
Prof. Nicola S. Iacobellis led the Working Group from 2010 to 2016. Current Working Group Coordinators are Prof. Roberto Buonaurio ([email protected]) and Dr. Marco Scortichini ([email protected]).