The Italian Society of Plant Pathology (SIPaV) SIPaV seeks expressions of interest from scientists interested in the honorary position of Editor-in-Chief of Journal of Plant Pathology
, published jointly by SPRINGER and SIPaV.
The appointee is expected to commence early in 2020 as Editor-in-Chief of Journal of Plant Pathology commencing with volume 102. The Editor-in-Chief will be initially appointed for a three year term.
The Editor-in-Chief has responsibility for the international reputation and profile of the Journal with respect to its competitors in the international marketplace. Overall measures of this success include the number and quality of submissions, number and geographical location of subscriptions, citations and Impact Factor, web usage and the financial position of the Journal.Journal of Plant Pathology is owned by the SIPaV. The Journal’s policies are determined by Editor-in-Chief in consultation with the SIPaV Board and the Publisher (SPRINGER). The Editor-in-Chief chairs the Editorial Board and takes a leading role in determining the publishing strategy for the Journal. The Editor-in-Chief leads the Editorial Board to attract and select content for the Journal. The Editor-in-Chief has ultimate responsibility for the acceptance of papers into the Journal. The Editor-in-Chief will have editorial support from the Publisher and a Deputy Editor, selected by the Editor in Chief and the SIPaV board.
Specific responsibilities of the Editor-in-Chief are:
- Defining the Journal’s direction, scope and policy to ensure it is appropriately aligned to the market (upon agreement with the SIPaV Board and the Publisher).
- Promoting the Journal and implementing strategies for increasing quality submissions, including review articles.
- Delegating peer review of papers to Senior Editors as appropriate.
- Responding to authors in a courteous, timely and efficient manner.
- Acting as a final arbiter on any disputes between authors and the Senior Editors.
- Guarantee a sufficient number of accepted manuscripts to fill issues and maintain publication schedules.
- Providing advice to the Journal Publisher during preparation of the Journal’s annual publishing and marketing plans.
- In liaison with SIPaV Board, establishing and maintaining links with Partners and relevant Scientific Societies.
- Monitoring publication standards and providing feedback to the SIPaV and the Journal Publisher.
- Overseeing the selection of Senior and Associate Editors to join the Editorial Board as required.
*The “Search Committee” will be composed by three SIPaV members and by one representative of SPRINGER. Any potential candidates will be excluded from involvement in “Search Committee”.
Expressions of interest will close on 15 November 2019. For further information, please contact the SIPaV President, Maria Lodovica Gullino e-mail: [email protected]